Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mermaid!

Finally something new! This has actually been done for a little while now but I don't have a scanner and tried to use one at the school library but it didn't work out so I just decided to use my digital camera. No real story behind this one, I just love mermaids and the creatures with her are just something I made up, similar to the creatures in my girl in a messy kitchen illustration.I was doing so much digital illustration in my last semester I decided to go back to the more traditional and do this in watercolor.

3 comments:

Tora Stark said...

wow, that's really lovely! I love the colors you chose; they're not traditional mermaid colors and yet they work splendidly. And the background is beautiful. I always have a hard time with backgrounds in watercolor. ^_^

Unknown said...

Very cute! hehe

Matthew Brackett said...

Kira I love this! I agree with Tora about the color. Its very fantasy and I love that. Way to be old school and do it in watercolor.