Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I finally have new work I actually like! So the first is something I did for my digital portfolio class, it is an illustration from a children’s story about a mythical bird called the bitaba bird. One is born every 100 years from a geode and they live among the stars. I first did a sketch in pencil, as I always do, and scanned the sketch and finished it in Photoshop.


This second one was for my decorative illustration class. The assignment was to create a card celebrating new life. We had three lines to choose from to illustrate and I chose “Congratulations on your special delivery!” The actual print out would not have the dark blue top but be cut out in the cloud shape. I also did this in Photoshop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see you like your pinks and purples. hehe Very cute.

Tora Stark said...

Oh, that background turned out really great on the bird piece! ^_^